Inadvertant Product Review
Thursday, November 29, 2007
About a month ago, I decided that I could not stand to read YET ANOTHER study in which aluminum in anti-perspirant/deodorant was linked to breast cancer. So I abandoned my mainstream deodorant and purchased a mostly organic, aluminum and paraben-free deodorant. This one:


And I really like it, I do. But about 5-7 hours into the day, I catch a whiff of myself - you know, the kind ONLY YOU can smell because the scent is so close to your body that it doesn't travel any further than about an inch from your skin? Well that's the particular whiff I caught, and let's just say it was not exactly fragrant in a lavenderriffic way.

I smelled like a homeless person stuck in a smelly cab in the middle of August, with the windows rolled up. Seriously - but only in the very center of my underarm. Needless to say, I was horrified even thought I know full well that body odor is supposed to be sort of smelly. But not mine - I don't sweat, I glisten. I smell like roses and clean laundry at all times.

Ahem.

Wow, this post massively borders on TMI, no? I don't know what to do. I do not have any wish to be forced to carry around a huge stick of deodorant in case this happens again. I don't want to become the person who reapplies their anti-perspirant a million times a day. Each time I notice it, I think "Gee, Jamie, being smelly is better than having breast cancer, so just SHUT UP you vain, sweaty idiot."

But I can't help it. I hate it. Any suggestions (other than showering twice a day?)