Outtakes
Monday, November 19, 2007
Every year, as I blogged about in the past, I put a picture of my dog in my holiday card. I do this because, as you might suspect, I am one of those irritatingly mature people that (at the age of 28) sends a formal holiday card to all my friends and family. The way I see it, my old lady ways justify other behaviors - most notably, my tendency towards being a "crazy dog person." I squelch 99% of my urges where my dog is concerned (doggy clothing, stupid things like "pawdicures," and driving my dog around in a damn stroller), but the holiday card is a tradition now.

Two years ago, Doc wore a jingle bell color. Last year, he was dapper in a red bowtie. This year? A striped hoodie sweater, of course. So BEHOLD- I give you the outtakes of this year's holiday card photoshoot:


Yeah, so, umm...maybe his head isn't as proportional to his body as I previously thought. Oops.


In fact, even if you stuff his ears in the hood, it's sort of ill-fitting. So the only option was to cut holes in the hood in order to unleash the ears:


Then again, maybe just taking the hood off would work better.



Yeah, he still looks angry. So we finally decided to just work on some tricks, and give Doc some well-deserved treats for his patience. Here, you can see his overflow of neck/scruff fat, and how he is "shaking" Sean's hand:


In the end (with Sean's help), I managed to get exactly TWO shots out of 87 frames. So those of you that are on my list, PREPARE YOURSELF for the christmas cuteness!