Thank God it's...Friday?
Friday, November 02, 2007
Today is not shaping up well. To wit:

1. I woke up at 6:15 am to get some work done on a file that is due in an afternoon meeting. I emailed it to myself so that I could save and edit a local copy on my home computer. I even brought two very large packets of supporting documentation home so that I could get this completed before hitting the office today. My email program saw the two attached files I sent as viral, and blocked them.

2. I don't know how YOUR neighborhoods typically sound in the morning, but my oh my - Printer's Row is abuzz this morning. Helicopters, sirens, wind rushing past my window...it sounds like a war zone out there. I initially attributed the helicopters to traffic reports (my neighborhood is adjacent to the junction of 4 major highways), but it would seem there is something a little more sinister going on. It sounds ridiculous, but it sort of makes me scared to take the dog out.

3. I made a pot of coffee after I woke up (something I very rarely do), and only after putting a sizable glop of organic skim milk in my cup and taking a long, satisfying sip, did I notice that the milk smelled funny. It's only my second purchase of organic milk ever - is this normal? Am I suddenly going to be stricken with a sour stomach at work today - maybe projectile vomit all over my cube? (ooh, this might get me out of the meeting I need that file for...hmm) The date on the carton is November 28th! Why does the damn milk smell like it's going bad? Enlighten me, please.

4. The dog threw up on my bed at 5:45 am. GOOD MORNING, MOMMY, WANT TO CLEAN UP MY HAIRY, YELLOW BILE? SORRY ABOUT YOUR QUILT. *urp*

There are the damn helicopters again! What is going on, people?! Maybe somebody called in my offensive morning breath, and the fuzz are coming to lock me up.

Must've been the milk.

Hope your day is shaping up more nicely than mine!