Trying Desperately to Get That Deodorant Post off The Page
Friday, November 30, 2007
What's long, and does the job? A MEME! Got this one from my P-Town Homey Lynda.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. I despise gift bags, although they're a great option for people who can't wrap very well. I don't like them because they get all crunched up, and don't travel well.

2. Real tree or artificial?
Articial, pre-lit. If you'd seen some of the fights between Dick Cheney and Sally Field (circa 1990's) over how to light the tree, you'd want to avoid it, too. That being said, Sean and I lit my 10-foot tree a couple years ago with no yelling at all. I take that as a very good sign.

3. When do you put up the tree?
As soon as possible after Thanksgiving is over.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Whenever is convenient - usually the first weekend after Christmas. I like to have it down by New Year's Eve, if possible.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Oh my God, GAG. NO EGGNOG. NO EGG BEVERAGES OF ANY KIND.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Ballet shoes and a gift certificate for classes.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
I don't feel it necessary to have one, but my newly procured advent calendar (which was my childhood one) becomes a nativity scene as the days get flipped over. I love it.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Sean, hands-down.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
My mother, because she makes it obvious what she wants.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A dachshund beanie baby. That's all I'm going to say about that.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
SNAIL MAIL, no exceptions. Unless you have eleventy children and a big house to care for, emails are lazy and widely considered to be rude.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Miracle on 34th Street - either the old, or the new.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Late October

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No, never.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Sally Fields' crunchy peanut butter balls.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
White/Clear. I don't like colored lights at all, anywhere.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
The First Noel, The Holly & The Ivy, The Instrument Song

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I always prefer to stay at home, and by "at home," I mean wherever my family is (which is usually within 100 miles)

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
Will there be a quiz later? No, probably not.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
I have both, I prefer the star, this year, I'm not using a topper.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
Traditionally, we open up one gift on Christmas Eve after we get back from the midnight service at church - pajamas to wear that night, and when we were little, it meant that Christmas morning would find us all in gooberiffic, matching pjs. The rest of the presents are opened Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Crowds.

23. What I love most about Christmas?
Watching other people open the gifts I've procured for them, and hoping nervously that it's exactly what they wanted.