Well Heeled
Friday, November 09, 2007
I need your help, readers. You see, I am afflicted with a love for shoes. Not the crazy, hundreds-of-pairs-I-can't-afford-groceries-because-of-my-shoe-collection afflication that some women have, but rather a pressing, internal need to have that pair of shoes that perfectly complements an outfit. Even if it's just one outfit and I'll only wear those shoes with that one outfit.

That being said, the seasons are changing. I have to put away my beloved stiletto collection (for the most part) which is very sad indeed, because I love me some high heels. For instance, this pair (that I've been eyeballing since about a month ago.


Hubba hubba. I firmly believe that a white-hot pair of heels can transform even the most basic of outfits.

That being said, I need your opinions on a rather less interesting category of shoes: the comfy shoe. I can figure out the painful shoes on my own, but it's the other end of the spectrum with which I have a little trouble. My shoe collection basically consists of high heels, some boring work shoes, boots, sneakers, and one very unfortunate-looking pair of khaki suede sport clogs. (Purchased at the Skecher store across from Macy's in Herald Square, NYC, in a moment of foot comfort bliss - now worn ashamedly with jeans that are long enough to cover the snow and salt stains at the sole)

Seriously, I have no casual, comfortable shoes that aren't sneakers. I can wear my loafers in the summer, but can't really rock it out sockless in the snow and cold.

Here's where you come in (yes, I'm finally getting around to that). I need a pair of comfortable shoes that ARE NOT athletic in nature to wear with jeans and khakis on the weekend. I've been looking at Keen, Privo, Clarks, and even Danskos (although I have to admit I'm not really looking to buy another pair of clogs - I don't pull off "crunchy" THAT well).

Here's what I do like:
Neutral colors, things that are functional AND feminine

Here's what I don't like:
Flats of any kind (especially ones with sneaker soles - gag me), anything priced $200+, low-top Doc Martens, anything that appears to be orthopedic in nature.

I'm seriously so clueless. I'm been to just about every shoe store and website in the whole, wide, internetweb and I just don't know what to do. HALP!