Appropos of Nothing
Friday, December 21, 2007
This morning, I flipped over the Advent Calendar/Nativity scene outside my kitchen doorway and got the best surprise. The prostrate camel! Growing up, it was always my favorite day to flip over for two reasons: (1) the 22nd is my sister's birthday so I always got the day prior, and (2) the camel piece has all sorts of beading and "jewels" on it, thereby making it the flashiest day of all. Baby Jesus (on the 25th, natch) and all the wise men can't hold a candle to the camel on the 21st - it's like a little piece of Vegas for the holidays. It's a pimp camel, so to speak.

Ok, now I feel it necessary to post a photo of said advent calendar to defend my bizarre love for it. And explain this entire post. Whatever.

Somewhere in this whole situation is an ironic joke about how I gravitate towards reflective surfaces, and things that are shiny. And to that, I say, STUFF IT. I love that camel.