EOY MEME OMG NYE LOL NFW
Friday, December 28, 2007
Stolen from Sundry by way of Lawyerish


1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I participated in truly "Alpine" snowsport - and by that, I mean, I attempted to snowboard on the Alps with disastrous (but memorable) results.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions - they require self-discipline, of which I have very little.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My childhood best friend Julia had a beautiful, baby girl named Ella. She is precious.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.

5. What countries did you visit?
Switzerland

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A fabulous, structured satchel handbag. Seriously. It sounds ridiculous, but I've been on the hunt for a leather handbag all damn year, and I have yet to find something suitable. If you have any suggestions, I'm looking for quality leather, nothing too trendy, one shoulder strap ONLY (no exceptions), with internal organization. And it cannot be slouchy. And no external ruching or quilting. Simple. Classic.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I'm HORRIBLE at recalling specific dates (particuarly birthdays) so I'll take a pass on this one.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not dying from my Alpine snowboarding injuries. You think I'm kidding, but my neck was sore for a solid month.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing some of the extra pounds BEFORE our family summer vacation.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, not even a cold (knocks furiously on wood)

11. What was the best thing you bought?
This old vintage dresser off of Craigslist - it's going to go perfectly with an old bed frame I've been storing away at my parent's house for years. The pieces need to be refinished and refurbished, but once they get done, they're going to be amazing.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I have no idea. Al Gore? Helio Castroneves! I love that little elf of a man.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Britney Spears, George Bush, the president of Iran (whose name escapes me at the moment), Ryan Seacrest

14. Where did most of your money go?
Condo, groceries for my random cooking kick of 2007

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Joining Weight Watchers and succeeding at my own pace, down almost 10 pounds!

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake (yes, I'm aware it came out last year)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? HAPPIER 
b) thinner or fatter? THINNER
c) richer or poorer? DEPENDS ON YOUR DEFINITION OF WEALTH

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Listening, sewing, reading

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family, wading through a ridiculous amount of presents and love (and peanut butter balls)

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yeah, I suppose so. Can you fall in love with a Bissell SpotBot Pet?

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Dancing with the Stars, Biggest Loser, Gossip Girl

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone, ever.

24. What was the best book you read?
I could never name just one!

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Otis Redding, Curtis Mayfield - I'm on a retro kick

26. What did you want and get?
Health and Happiness

27. What did you want and not get?
the Mega Millions winning numbers

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Knocked Up

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Hung out by myself (it was a weeknight), I turned 28

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I have no idea - world peace?

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
"If It Isn't Wrinkly, Wear It."

32. What kept you sane?
Sean, this blog, my friends

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy, as in have a crush on? Easy. Gerard Butler. Mmm...

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Reproductive Rights

35. Who did you miss?
My grandfather

36. Who was the best new person you met?
My nephew - his personality is really starting to come out. I enjoyed really getting to know him this year.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.