Karma is a Bitch
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
I left my departmental holiday party last night around 10:45, I think, and wandered around the city trying to get home. (I did, eventually, courtesy of a mistaken leg on the green line, and finally the correct route on the blue line - the restaurant is kind of stuck in an odd location) Then, I experienced a delayed drunkenness unlike any I have had before. I'd left the party tipsy - talkative, but not sloshed or embarassing - and when I got home, I was suddenly blotto. It was genuinely odd.

Somewhere in there, I noticed a phone call from Sean. Which made me feel awful, of course, because we talk every night and I should have been watching my phone so that I could step outside and speak with him when he called. But I didn't because I was too busy circulating and drinking too much sangria...so of course I left him a tipsy message with my apologies.

I went to bed feeling guilty, and wondering why I couldn't have just had one damn drink and left it at that. Then, it happened.

At 5:15am, I was suddenly, inexplicably awake. So I got up, took 2 ibuprofen, downed a whole bunch of water, and tried to get back to sleep. But it was not to be - for I realized I couldn't.

Because I had "Be Our Guest" from Disney's Beauty & The Beast stuck in my damn head.

So if you see a mildly hungover zombie wandering the streets of Chicago today (looking cranky), give me a little wave and keep your laughter to yourself.