2008: The Year of the Video
Thursday, January 03, 2008
OK, I'll be frank with you, readers. I'm really not that technical. Sure, I can hack it in/around the Blogger software - but mostly, I just fly by the seat of my 8P pants. So when Sean gave me a teeny, digital camera for Christmas, I was simultaneously intrigued and mystified by the video functionality. The only thing to do was to jump right in.

Because why read the manual when you can progress forward all willy-nilly and just swear at your computer while trying to embed code that you're not even sure you can find?! Add in some white wine, and there's my night in a nutshell.

There are several things you'll want to notice about this video, and I announce them because they are immediately obvious to the viewer. First off, my articulation is not exactly "good," as evidenced by the first, lovely sentence of the entire thing which includes the words "innernet" and "wanna." Whoops. Sorry, Emily Post.

Also, you'll notice that I'm wearing my snowboarding socks under my jeans. Because it's so cold here, I can barely even handle it. But for those of you that have never heard my voice, I'd be interested to hear whether or not I sounded as you expected me to. What can I say? I'm mostly nasal - I live in Chicago, for goodness'sakes. Cut me some slack. ;)

This video also marks my very first foray into iMovie - please excuse the overly brightened color tone. My apartment's lighting is horrendous. Such is the beginning of many, many bizarre videos that only prove amusing to the folks who know me best.

Also, you'll catch (at the very end, wait for it) a big, ol' burp coming straight from Doc to you. Enjoy!


Very First Movie...Featuring Doc the dog from Jamie on Vimeo.