I'm Full of Thetans, I'm an Alien!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
I've been thinking a lot lately about Tom Cruise. Not the couch jumping, not the Matt Lauer attacking, not the white-button-down-hardwood-floor-sliding Tom Cruise - rather the father, the son, the husband. It is so difficult to consider his life, his position in the world, without being completely judgmental. I struggle to understand his point of view.

Today, a thought-provoking article made me jump out of my skin. If you really dig deep into the background of Scientology, it gets confusing, scary, and just plain WEIRD. It was created on a bet (allegedly) by a man who spent most of the 60's high and drunk...but who am I to say that it's any different than people who wander the world with the firm belief that an old, decrepit man parted an ocean with a wooden staff, or the people who lay prostrate to the east five times a day to pray?

Something about Scientology just isn't right. I can't put my finger on it. Read the article. Read this website (safe for work). It makes my skin crawl - it all feels wrong somehow. Thoughts?