Must Love Books
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Because space is at a relative premium in my condo, I decided to forego nightstands and use the stone windowsills instead. It's been an interesting adjustment - I have quite a reach to get to my alarm clock (almost to the point of falling out of bed), and I'm always surprised at how unbelievably, bonechillingly COLD that stone can get. Having more space than a nightstand has also had some unexpected results - the most obvious being my ridiculous collection of "books to be read." They just keep piling up, and I'm afraid that if I don't start chugging away, they'll eventually take over.

That being said, here are the books on my windowsills. They just sit there, mocking me.

Escape (Jessop)
The Richest Man in Babylon (Clason)
The Pursuit of Happyness (Gardner and Troupe)
Lay That Trumpet in Our Hands (McCarthy)
The Intellectual Devotional (Oppenheim)
On Life After Death (Kubler-Ross)
What Was Asked of Us (Wood)
Family Baggage (McInerney)
A Long Way Gone (Beah)
P.S. I Love You (Ahern)
A Prayer for Owen Meany (Irving)
The Tipping Point (Gladwell)
The Worst Journey in the World (Cherry-Garrard)
Songs Without Words (Packer)
Ernest Hemingway Complete & Unabridged (Hemingway)


I've already gone through two books this week, so hopefully I can keep up the trend. Then I'll be able to justify getting some new reads for the mid-march vacation! Yippee!