New Year, New Beginnings
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Like many people, the transition to a new year touches me on a personal level. I feel it necessary to do something crazy that I would never otherwise do, purge my unnecessary belongings for sale or donation, and the like. The one thing I am not usually looking to accomplish is weight loss. This past fall, I managed to lose 9-10 pounds with the help of Weight Watchers. This year, I want to continue onto my goal weight by shedding 10 more pounds. It's not a resolution, per se, but rather an expectation. Something I expect of myself, to do something healthy for myself. To feel good about myself.

Come to think of it, I'll probably end up purging my unnecessary belongings as well, since I have a tendency to do that anyway. Either way, I'll be a little lighter in 2008 for all the right reasons - my own health and sanity being the top two.

I spent the new years holiday, for the most part, in my pajamas. Sean and I watched some movies, surfed the internet, tried to avoid thinking about work, and trying to teach the dog to lie down. It was bliss, and now it's over. But it's okay, because it's time to snap out of my non-showered-have-no-idea-what-day-of-the-week-it-is haze anyhow.

I hope you all have the things you need, and want, in 2008!