Peas and Carrots
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Do you know ParisJasmal (aka Jen) of MonkeyPosh?

Well, now I do - for real!

I have been reading PJ's blog on and off for what feels like (and very well could be) years - we found one another through Jonniker. She's an expert in all things fashionable, I live vicariously through her travels around the world, and her sense of humor cannot be beat. She loves makeup, shoes and handbags and is a redhead. Her loyal following of readers always comment regularly (hint hint, lazy boneheads that are reading my blog and not commenting!) and they have the funniest conversations. She also lives in the greater Chicagoland area, so I've always wondered if I would ever bump into her.

Then, the other day, I entered my name into a sweet-ass raffle on her site. She had an extra bottle of this gorgeous and much-talked-about perfume and so I threw my name into the ring. I thought "what have I got to lose? I never win these things anyhow..." and lo, I ended up WINNING! Who'da thunk it?

Long story short, we met up last night at China Grill to have drinks and exchange the prize (which I wore today and it was lovely - very light and not too sweet). Not surprisingly, we got along famously and were soon talking as if we'd known one another in real life. Meeting people who one knows on the internet is a mixed bag - it can be awkward because each party knows so much information about the other, yet they've never met in real life. It makes for great conversation, however, because one almost never needs to explain themselves. Also, PJ thinks that I hold myself back on this blog, so WATCH OUT. I may turn into a stark raving mad blogger soon - you know, let my real personality shine. (snort)

We chatted for three hours, had a couple glasses of wine, and laughed until we cried - mostly about events in my life that have occurred thanks to the influence of alcohol...like a drunken rickshaw ride with Sean through downtown Milwaukee. Upon returning home, I realized that we'd never stopped to eat any dinner! I had so much fun - definitely make sure that you pop onto her blog to say hello, or at least admire her beautiful dogs Forrest and Finley.

Thanks again, Jen! I had a great time!