Positivity, that Simple Bare Necessity
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
One of the pitfalls of being a naturally confident human being (other than strangers perceiving you as completely arrogant) is the internal delusion of sarcasm. To me, sarcasm is a tool for making the uncomfortable, the sad, even the ridiculous into something hilarious and manageable. Lately, I've been receiving well-intentioned feedback that my use of sarcasm is giving off an unpleasant vibe - that of negativity. Don't misunderstand me - I've stuck my foot in my big, stupid mouth a million times, but the negativity thing is new to me.

In response to this feedback, I made a pact with myself to work at being positive. Not insipidly happy or optimistic (because I am a lot of things, and Mary F***ing Poppins is not one of them), but just positive. Positive thinking, positive feeling, warm and fuzzy me. I hope that 2008 will be a wonderful year for everyone, including myself. Is that positive enough for ya? Huh?! (just kidding - see I threw you off there for a second, didn't I? ok, maybe not)

There is a notion going around the internet, in list format of course, in which bloggers recall the top 25 things of which they never tire. So, as a nod to my newfound positivity, here is my list.

25 Things of Which I Never Tire

1. Diet Coke
2. My niece
3. My nephew
4. finding new blogs to read
5. the smell of fresh air, preferably COLD fresh air
6. how soft the dog's belly is after a bath
7. shoe shopping
8. beauty websites
9. reading
10. hunting for the perfect shower gel
11. my Bissell SpotBot
12. Sean's funny, perfectly horizontal, deliberate grin
13. pulling my hair away from my face
14. quiet, snowy days when I have nowhere to go
15. the feeling of freshly brushed teeth
16. girls' nights
17. making things for other people
18. mentally redecorating my condo
19. trying out new recipes and having them work!
20. getting comments on my blog (lame, but true)
21. laughing
22. figuring out my camera(s)
23. the smell of clean laundry
24. list-making
25. my family

There's my list, in all of it's newly found, positive glory. Now, scamper off and do the same, will ya?