Weekend Update
Monday, January 28, 2008
Wow, I am disjointed today. This past weekend was one of those breezy, goes-too-fast weekends that always leave me wondering (on Monday) what the hell I did. People ask what I did over the weekend and my only response is a fruitless, blank stare.

Friday night, I had happy hour with friends from a former occupation - we'll call them K, B, and C. Wow, I am CREATIVE. I splurged on fatty, fried goodness and heard all about former coworkers of ours, hot British men, and enjoyed some Walleye Wheat beer. Yum!

Saturday, I attended a baby shower for my friend Heather, who is expecting her first child (a boy) around St. Patrick's day. She is only the second of my former sorority sisters to give birth, so I think we're all looking forward to it. We laugh a lot about how, in college, we all toasted to our futures - we said we would stick around to see marriages, children, etc., and we have. We're all in different phases of our lives, but definitely enjoying everyone's successes and developments. I also got the chance to hog Kim's beautiful son, Julian, and get in some quality snuggle time before he turned squirmy.

Saturday night, I decided that I needed to start some projects. After a trip to Home Depot and Joann Fabrics, I now have new pillows slated, as well as minor pantry renovations. Truth be told, I already began the pantry demo, which left about 32 holes of varying shapes and sizes in the walls. A little pink spackle (which dries white, so you know when it's dry! a miracle and adorable to boot) and some sandpaper later, I think it's ready for a fresh coat of paint. Maybe I'll do that tonight. I don't know how much longer I can go on with my pantry contents strewn about my condo. The mess is driving me crazy.

I also watched the Miss America pageant which, after a serious PR and philosophical makeover, is actually hilarious and fun to watch again. Supa fresh.

Also, Keith is updating his blog again! Yippee!