Signing Off...
Friday, February 29, 2008
I've never understood why radio personalities say "this is XXX XXXXXX, signing off..." because I think we all know they're obviously NOT signing anything. They're not approving documents, they're not ratifying a new nation, they probably don't even have a pen in their hand! It doesn't make any sense! Is there some historical logic behind this bizarre and nonsensical broadcasting lingo? Can't they just say goodbye?

I have a hell of a weekend ahead of me - I'm pseudo-hosting a bachelorette party tonight for my friend Laura (dinner, then drinks), I have to judge all day tomorrow, and then on Sunday I am judging again as well as driving to the 'burbs to pick up my bridesmaid dress.

So I guess I'll see ya when I see ya. I have the sinking feeling that this weekend isn't going to feel much like one. (thank GOD vacation is just around the corner) I certainly won't be blogging this weekend, as there are FAR more pressing (and fun!)duties to which I will be attending.

Peace!