Frustration City: Population 1
Friday, March 07, 2008
I have a very small, diagonal cut on my tongue - on the front right "corner" curve - you know, the place that is continually moving? I can't brush my teeth, drink, eat, or speak without a degree of pain. It's even on the part of my tongue that moves when I SWALLOW. Like the swallowing that one does unconsciously throughout the day. All day. Over and over. Repeatedly.

I'm going out of my mind.

Orajel doesn't work because it doesn't stick. (see also: wildly painful stinging) I've been flushing my mouth out with hydrogen peroxide twice a day, and while that is a very effective tooth whitener, it's becoming kind of painful as well. I even made a run to Target last night, thinking it might cheer me up, but NO. Bed pillows were on sale for $3.99 each! I bought two, and I slept like a baby, but NO JAMIE IS STILL CRANKY.

According to the internet, the tongue often heals very quickly because it is rich with blood vessels that help cell tissue rebuild quickly. I would like to state for the record that THE INTERNET IS WRONG. I'm on my third day of open, non-fixable, non-healing tongue cut status.

Send alcohol. And popsicles. Maybe alcohol IN popsicles.