Prayers and Loose Change, Maybe
Monday, March 31, 2008
I'm not really that emotional, so you can imagine my surprise when I read this post over at Captain Hambone this evening, and promptly burst into tears. Most of the time I manage to keep a pretty cool head about things...except when it comes to kids and illness. I start empathizing and suddenly, I'm a weepy mess of hot, salty tears about a person I don't even know.

When you stop reading my blog, please click on the green link up there and read the story. If you've recently cleaned out your couch cushions, maybe you could drop a little something into the pot for Emily. This very situation brings out the best in the internet - those who can help do, and those who cannot help financially send their good energy and prayers. I don't necessarily believe in hippie-happy stuff like crystals and karma, but I absolutely believe in the power of positive thinking and HOPE. We are all so immeasurably blessed by having our health and happiness to go along with it.

For years, my only regular charitable donation has gone to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, TN. I think it's money well spent, and in that same vein, I hope you'll find it in your heart to send something to Emily's family to help ease their burdens in this time of unimaginable need.