Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down
Monday, March 03, 2008
Except today was Monday AND it was raining this morning. Perhaps the universe is trying to tell me something.

This past weekend, as predicted, was a complete blur. Laura's bachelorette party was so much fun - including hilarious in-bar escapades with a bachelor party we sort of...well, joined. It was funny and weird and the guys were pretty much male versions of us, so we all got along famously and a fantastic evening was had by all. Maybe if you're lucky, I'll put the photos up in Flickr so you can witness the hilarity.

I spent the rest of the weekend telling dancers what I thought of them, which is a precarious position in which to be. Since I'm not actively dancing anymore, I really struggle to stay "in the loop" on the newest styles, the latest moves, etc. It's nice to know that despite my feeling like an old fart, I still know what looks good, and what does not. It helps to have a great network of friendly people that respect my judgment, and continue to hire me on a freelance basis. I am so grateful for their support.

This week, I'm focusing on preparations - especially for vacation. It's such a great feeling, that anticipation that relaxation is just around the corner. We've been talking about the damn trip for so long, that I cannot believe it's almost time to go! As the Brits would say, I'm chuffed. I can't wait!

I was serious, however, in my last outburst - I really need more suggestions on calming music. Please no Enya. Hit me in the comments if you think of anything. Thanks!