Apparently, I'm Just Asking for Bad Karma
Thursday, April 17, 2008
This morning, I was in such a hasty, late rush that I decided to take a cab to work. I cut through the block, and caught a cab right as it was rounding the corner from our neighborhood's main thoroughfare. I got in, put on my seatbelt, and as I was straightening back up and settling into my seat, I noticed a woman on the curb FURIOUSLY waving her hands and arms at me. She may have been shouting obscenities...so my only conclusion is that I inadvertantly stole the cab she felt she deserved to hail. That, or she was in the throes of a grand mal seizure.

Either way, she was really angry at me. How was she to know that I'm actually a really nice person, who regularly hails cabs and sends them up the street to the people who have been waiting longer than I have, or to families with small children? I'M A NICE PERSON, DAMMIT. STOP YELLING AT ME. I DIDN'T MEAN TO STEAL YOUR CAB!