OMG I almost Forgot
Monday, April 14, 2008
This weekend, I also made (successfully!) the easiest, tastiest dish in the entire world. I can't believe I almost forgot to mention this! Am v. forgetful these days, and also a BRILLIANT GENIUS in the kitchen.

I got the recipe from the internet, indirectly from this lovely mama. She has all sorts of food allergies, so when she posts a recipe, I know it's going to be (a) something I've never thought of, and (b) made with pretty simple, wholesome ingredients. Also, she has 7 children. Seriously. So you KNOW she ain't spending hours in the kitchen.

I am a total hound for Mexican food, so this recipe spoke to me immediately. Here's what you do.

Put your favorite salsa into a glass pan.
Cut 2 boneless chicken breasts in half.
Lay the chicken down on top of the salsa.
Cook at 350 for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Flip chicken pieces over.
Drain a can of black beans.
Pour black beans on top of chicken/salsa mixture.
Put back in oven for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Coat in cheese. (this is my favorite part, obv.)
Put back in oven until cheese is melty.
Remove from oven.
Plop on top of brown rice.
Devour.

Serves 2. The best part of this recipe? You can take the remainder of the salsa and beans, and mix them up with some extra rice for amazing mexican rice. Which is yummy as leftovers, and healthy!