Slowly Losing my Mind
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Sorry for the absence, everybody - I've been out of town on a trip for the place-that-shall-not-be-blogged-about. Ironically, the location I was in is just around the geographical corner from the place where my sister and I were born. And while I'm aware that it sounds completely stupid, I felt very much at home there. Is it possible to have residual energy in a familiar place?

Either way, I'm back now. The dog is home from the kennel, and I'm running in circles trying to figure out what needs to be done before I leave again this weekend. Thank goodness this weekend is just a yard sale at my sister's house and not another kennel-worthy excursion. I am definitely looking forward to spending time with my precocious, articulate niece and her suddenly verbal, tazmanian devil of a brother. I am also looking forward to sitting on my ass and doing nothing but haggle with any buyers that stop by.

Now all I have to do is find out where I need to tether the dog, and hope he doesn't chew through the leash. For those of you that know Doc personally, you'll appreciate what a challenge this might be.

That said, I'm always glad to be home - no matter how lovely the place is where I may have just been. Now I'm off to bathe the dog, get food, vacuum, do some laundry, and finish my book. (more on the book later this week)