Weekend Update
Monday, April 14, 2008
The spring cleaning continues - one of my neighbors moved out of her unit today, leaving behind a buttload of random stuff in our shared trash room. As soon as she was really, truly gone, I grabbed Sean and forced him to accompany me to the chute room so I could rummage through the leftovers - I procured a rattan plant stand, a utility stool, a large glass vase, and a perfectly good laptop bag on wheels. These items will be sold at my sister's upcoming yard sale. et Voila! Instant profit.

I also spent an hour or two moving through my own 830 square feet, purging and editing wherever possible. Thanks to my best friend The Container Store, my cube-like bookshelf is now half bookshelf, half sewing/craft storage. Which is excellent since all that crap once lived on the floor behind my couch, all loose and messy. Needless to say, it was driving me crazy.

I also made an entire lasagna, to be eaten intermittently throughout the week. Well that was the plan until I pulled the behemoth out of the oven (bursting over it's 9 X 13 edges) and realized I was in for a little more lasagna than even I could eat in a week. So two servings went into the freezer, where I'm sure I will find them in five months and think, "Gross - that lasagna probably smells like freezer," and throw them in the garbage.

Thanks to two really boring races on Friday and Saturday night, I also found time to burn a bunch of my old CDs into my iTunes. Real classics like the Serendipity soundtrack, old live recordings of John Mayer, and those stupid decade-based compilations released by Rhino Records. Funk Hit of the 80's, anyone?

Word up. By Cameo. Seriously.

I also got the chance to have dinner with my good friend Sara. She and I don't get together often enough but it's always nice to catch up. We have the type of relationship where we can go years without seeing one another in person, and when we hang out, it's as if no time has passed at all. Sara is my polar opposite in many ways, and yet my twin in others. She is an excellent source of perspective, which is something I desperately need at the moment.

What did YOU do this weekend?