Cheap Thrills
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
Last weekend, I achieved the impossible. I found a dollar store within 5 miles of my house. Which is CHOICE because the annual NASCAR race in Joliet is coming up and I needed to stock up on tailgating supplies. I also didn't want to spend a jillion dollars on stuff that is going to end up in a huge pile of trash bags, next to a row of Port-a-Potties.

I also love wandering around dollar stores because every now and then. I like to see exactly HOW random their product offering is. My favorites from this weekend include really REALLY old N*Sync posters, more kitchen utensils than is necessary, 500 brands of paper towels but no toilet paper (how is that possible?), and let's not forget the plethora of crap marketed towards the upcoming July 4th holiday. Also, giant sunglasses. Those are funny to me every. single. time. I. See. Them.

It's like Wal-Mart without the mess, crowds, and general seething discount-big-box-store rage. Ahem.

What's YOUR favorite cheap thrill?