I Am My Own Worst Nightmare
Monday, July 21, 2008
So here's the thing - I am a very hard working person, but only selectively so. When I *want* to get something done, I'm on it like white on rice. As for everything else, not so much. So when I have a task I'm interested in completing, I become a woman who is singularly obsessed, and while that's very productive, it ain't always pretty.

That said, I've been trying to spend some concentrated time planning our upcoming trip to Italy. Earlier this evening, I was DEEP into figuring out how to see 100% of Rome in 2.5 days (ha) and my mother called to chat. But I was not having any of the interruption. In fact, if you polled my family and friends, they might tell you that my hatred of being pulled out of focus (and my total inability to hide my frustration with the person who has interrupted me) is one of my least attractive personality traits.

I was short and snippy with my mother, who innocently enough, just wanted to see how I was doing. !!! She was recently in Rome and wanted to give me some helpful suggestions. What a bitch, right? HOW DARE SHE. (sarcasm, folks, all sarcasm)

So mom, if you're reading this, I am sorry! I am working on my inability to shift gears, I swear! I'm sure someday I'll have a child with this very characteristic and that alone will be miserable enough for me to learn my lesson! Love you!