Plunging into Chaos
Thursday, July 10, 2008
The next several weeks are going to be a tough stretch of days for me. You know, as an over-planner, that is. I have tailgating and NASCAR this weekend (none of which I've even thought about preparing for, thanks to the place-that-shall-not-be-blogged-about), plans to repaint my bathroom, an out-of-town bachelorette party, and a 9-day trip to Italy.

I have not planned out how any of this is going to go down yet - which makes me crazy. But things have just been busy, Sean's back from India, and I'm trying to relax and let things go with the flow. Doing that is always a serious challenge for me. It sounds dumb, but it just is. The only things I've done in preparation is online research (Italy), kennel booking (Doc), begging Sean to puh-lease clean the grill because it is gross and has been wrapped in a trash bag for months? (NASCAR), birthday hat on dog photography (new blog masthead), and some minor clothing and shoe purchasing (Italy).

Oh, did I mention that weight I lost on Weight Watchers? IT'S BACK. So add "eat healthy" to the list of things I should be fretting over. But I don't have the time to fret - so I'm just winging it as I go. Which frightens me most of all.

So, now, this is the part where you all either contribute
(a) suggestions on what to see in Rome or Venice
or...
(b) relaxation tools for times of stress.