Pratfalls as Cosmic Punishment: News at 11
Sunday, July 20, 2008
I must have wronged someone recently, because over the course of the day, I

- slipped in fresh pigeon poop, lost my balance, and almost dropped my handbag into a fountain while trying to regain my equilibrium

- experienced unexplained, SHOCKINGLY AWFUL knee pain - like the kind of pain that momentarily takes your breath away

- fell walking up an escalator, denting my right shin (seriously, there's a dent. you can see it sometime)

- almost broke the shower door

- chipped my favorite coffee mug

- noticed THREE new granny hairs on my chin (all of them jet black - someone please explain this to me)

If you need me, I'll be over in the corner - hastily praying to whatever Gods that I angered. Maybe it's because I didn't wash my hair this morning?

Here's hoping that tomorrow will be better.