When You Find a Python That is Even Remotely Neutral, You BUY IT. Right?
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Exhibit F in the case of Jamie V. Becoming an Adult:

Last night, I wandered up to State Street to browse the racks of Macy's for a sundress. Then I accidentally ended up in Nordstrom Rack, where I had a special, semi-holy moment with a pair of Cole Haan python slingbacks. I'm not even going to go into detail about how much I love these shoes, because I'd probably just get a bunch of hatey comments about what a Trixie I am. And you know what? THEY WERE COMFORTABLE.

Even at a deep discount, they were still too expensive (especially for a shoe that would only have a niche value in my closet, as opposed to a more useful neutral) and I couldn't think of what I would specifically wear them with. Needless to say, I didn't buy them.

Case Closed. Sigh.