Mah Eyelids - They are a' Droopin'
Monday, August 18, 2008
This weekend was a white wine-induced blur of activity, and I had this grand plan to seriously make Monday my bitch. You should have SEEN my to-do list. For real.

Then I woke up, unable to breath and with eyes glued shut courtesy of some mysterious, extraterrestrial crusty goop. After promptly shelving my to-do list, I dragged myself to work and here I sit, contemplating what I can *actually* get done this week. Other than paranoid, repeated handwashing, that is.

We'll see.

Until that little mystery solves itself, I've been thinking a lot about Chicago's bid to become the host city for the 2016 Summer Olympics. While I love the idea, and think the entire world should know how amazing our city is, I also think it would be infrastructural CHAOS. Traffic is bad enough as it is. Also, I suspect that Mayor Daley's honest, shoot-from-the-hip manner may ruin the bid...all it would take is ONE of his angry, ill-timed outbursts, and our chances are effectively gone. Then again, maybe it would finally get Milwaukee to stop dumping their sewage into Lake Michigan. Hmm. All I know is that I HOPE TO GOD that I'm not living here in 2016, because I'm pretty sure my neighborhood would be an epicenter for insanity.

What do you think? Great for the city, or a recipe for disaster?