I Love Them, but They Don't Love Me
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Earlier this evening, I was chopping up a small, white onion for a roasted potato dish. I had barely gotten the ends off and peeled away the outermost layer before my eyes started burning with the fury of a thousand overstimulated toddlers. I immediately started crying and had to literally remove myself from the kitchen for a minute. Upon drying off, I returned to do a *very* quick chop and throw them in the dish, which I basically slung into the oven before I could start crying again.


I've tried everything - cutting the onions under running water, keeping my mouth closed while cutting, hell, I even have a Vidalia Chop Wizard! Any ideas on how to solve this problem? I'm clearly desperate, otherwise I would not be blogging about something so completely mundane. HALP!