Please Leave a Message at the Beep...
Friday, September 12, 2008
BEEP! I'm not here, but you are, so thanks! Your reward for stopping by today is this meme I got from Free & Flawed. She's been very busy lately, but I'm so glad that she took the time to post this. Because then I have an excuse to steal it! Heh.

You’re stranded on a Desert Island:

1. What one person would you wish was stranded there with you?
Sean. He's terribly smart, and I suspect quite handy to have around in a dire situation. Like McGyver, but thankfully without the mullet. Also, he makes me laugh, which would be key to preventing the inevitable depression that comes with being stranded.

2. What one tool would you want to have?
Umm, GPS? Something that the Coast Guard can track, so I don't have to be stranded for long? Is that cheating? If I can't have GPS, I want a very sharp knife.

3. What one food do you wish you would have an unlimited supply of?
Does Diet Coke count as food? No? Then I want honeycrisp apples. They say eating one a day keeps the doctor away...then again, how would a doctor find me if I'm stranded on an island? I digress.

4. What one luxury item would you wish for?
A white, silk cabana with a canopy and walls.

5. What one book would you want to have with you to read and re-read?
I would rather have no books at all, than be made to choose just one and read it repeatedly. I would like a blank journal, to be used for documentation purposes.

6. You have one piece of paper, a pencil and one bottle ~ who is the message going to be written to?
My parents.

7. What skill would serve you best while on the island?
The possession of an iron stomach. Seriously, I can eat pretty much anything. I might not like it, but I have very hearty innards. They can take just about whatever you throw at 'em. Everything except shellfish.

8. How long do you think you could last before needing rescue?
Honestly? Maybe a week? Maybe. Let's hope I never have to find out for real.

9. What one island animal would become your pet?
Monkeys. They are the multitaskers of any tropical environment. Plus, they are highly functioning, so there's always the possibility of basic communication.

10. Your island is unknown to you, and you need to give it a name - - what would it be?
No idea, but I'm pretty sure it would start with a J. I'm unoriginal like that.

11. What would you do to pass the weeks, days, and hours?
Sing aloud, figure out which natural items produce the best byproduct for controlling frizz, seek shade, aimlessly wander just because I can, and create some sort of shelter for when night falls and weird noises freak me out.

12. You’ve been rescued! What is the first thing you’re going to do when you get back home?
Take a shower. Hug my dog. Eat a cheeseburger. Blog about it.