Add it to the List!
Friday, October 03, 2008
Pet Peeve o' the Day:
People who walk into revolving doors and expect others to push the door for them. This especially irritates me with men. I don't know why, but it does! It's that sense of entitlement - like they're too good, or too busy, or too WHATEVER to push their damn selves through the revolving door. The door has four compartments - it's like logistical teamwork, so why don't we all just do our part to keep the door moving, hmm?

A couple years ago, I noticed that as I was entering a revolving door, someone else was entering on the opposite side. She clearly had no intentions of pushing, so I didn't do anything. I just stood there, like a jerk. She glared at me...I cocked my head to the side and gave her a shrug-like look that said, "Oh I'll stand here ALL DAY LADY, JUST TRY ME." So when she started pushing, I reciprocated.

Argh.