Real World V. Road Trip - Battle Almond
Monday, October 06, 2008
Last Friday, I stepped away from the office to run to Walgreen's for road trip snacks. Never mind that we were only going 75 miles to the state park - there were treats to be procured. $12 later, I had 100-Calorie Twix bars, one can of original (NOW TRANS FAT FREE!!!!!!!) Pringles, and a 1-lb. value bag of Wasabi-Soy Sauce Almonds.

Not surprisingly, the Pringles were either consumed (for breakfast, natch) or burned up in a fit of campfire curiosity. The Twix bars barely got opened, and the almonds turned out to be surprisingly tasty! Like this morning, when I counted out my exact serving of leftover almonds to eat with my breakfast apple (28 almonds, if you were wondering)...then proceeded to scratch my eye.

Just in case you were wondering what happened next, here it is in mathematical format:
Wasabi Powder + Eyeball/Tear Duct = TERRIBLE FARKING PAIN OMG AM GOING TO DIE

So, ahem. I guess they're not the perfect food, but if you're not a complete idiot like me, they are pretty yummy. Wash your hands, kids.