When Words are More than "Just Words"
Thursday, October 23, 2008
I found a link to the following video on YouTube, courtesy of one of the readers of Cool Mom, and was stunned by some of the information. It seems a bit...er, convenient and political, that it came from a Greek/sorority organization, I think it makes an excellent point. Or, you know, 15 excellent points. Make sure to play the music - it definitely adds something to the clip.



As for me, well, I am absolutely guilty of "fat talk." My life, my choices, and resultingly, my body have changed a lot in the past 1-2 years and no one has been more critical of those changes than ME. The only person who can resolve my own body issues is ME. The solution lies within ME.

I may have missed the official week, but here I am, taking my pledge not to talk down to myself. Or others. It's not much, but awareness is always a step in the right direction.