Cue the Spinal Shivers
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
This won't come as a surprise to anyone who reads this blog, but I am not a fan of scary movies. The last time I was truly scared by a horror movie (Poltergeist III, if you must know) it stayed with me for months. MONTHS. I was ten years old at the time. I still have nightmares about it. I spent all of junior high freaking out about parking garages and looking into mirrors at night.

So you'll have to forgive me if I get a little mental around anything "SAW" related. If I think too much about the trailers or the advertisements, my imagination runs away with me and suddenly I'm afraid to exit the subway at night. Like this movie billboard in my neighborhood:


Seriously? Someone wearing someone ELSE'S FACE as a mask? It's so incredibly hideous! I can't think about it too much - not even what the process must have been like to shoot that photo - because the devil is in the details. (shiver) Maybe next time I'll walk around the block the other way so I don't have to see it. Ugh. I'm nauseous just thinking about it.