File under F for Filler
Friday, December 19, 2008
No time to write...will post a meme that I stole from Lawyerish instead...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate – no marshmellows. I really hate egg nog.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrapped! That is one of my favorite parts of any holiday! Especially when one is dating someone who thinks he is all clever and decides to pick up the gifts with his name on them, pat them down, and shake them to try and guess what is inside.

3. Colored or white lights?
White. I have an aversion to colored lights, and I prefer a clean, white glow.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope, in fact, I never even considered doing so. Am I missing something by skipping this?

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Typically, I pick up my Christmas décor from the storage area in my parents’ basement before driving home from our Thanksgiving celebration. I try to have everything Christmas-y up by December 1st.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Definitely my mom’s cheesy potato casserole.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
My parents fighting about how best to light the tree – whether to wind around, or zig-zag, and there was always a good bickering session about who would feed and who would string. Good times.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don’t remember when – maybe around 5th grade? Gradually, I think my sister and I figured out that the presents were coming from the basement, and not from some fat guy who fell from the chimney.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, always pajamas from my parents – to be worn on Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
White lights (see above) and a mix of new and older ornaments that I’ve acquired here and there – some are gifts. Also, I hang wrapped candy canes and stuff white or red silk poinsettia blooms in any tree holes.

11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
L.O.V.E.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, in fact, I used to take figure skating lessons as a kid. I would still be skating today if I weren’t so afraid of landing that pesky axel.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Yes – my first pair of ballet slippers. I remember everything about them, including the kind of box they were in and what the wrapping on it looked like.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending time with family, relaxing and being thankful. Oh, and watching chick flicks.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Chocolate Mousse or Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Balls.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Opening gifts. There, I said it.

17. What tops your Christmas tree?
Nothing this year – but it was a bright, white star last year, and an angel the year prior to that.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Giving, by far and away, is my preference. I love being able to put a smile on someone’s face, and I take the challenge of finding the ideal gift to heart.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I have many – “White Christmas”, anything from the Polar Express soundtrack, and “We Three Kings.”

20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
Meh. I’m indifferent.

21. What do you want for Christmas?
What don’t I want for Christmas? Honestly, as long as it’s not something that would just clutter up my apartment, I don’t have any specific requests. I need functional things this year – like kitchen scissors, a new ironing board cover, and a new pair of wellies.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
Yes – I attend the Company parties of both my workplace and Sean’s – and sometimes, a friend will have one, but that is rare.

23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's?
We dress up for the Christmas Eve service at church, then change into our Christmas Eve pjs for some wine drinking and chatting.

24. Do you own a Santa hat?
Yes, a tiny one for the dog that he refuses to wear.

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
My nuclear family, and the extendeds from my Mom’s side of the family. (there are only 3 people there, so it’s a fairly intimate group) We’re a loud, crazy bunch, but it’s always fun.