Is It December Already?!
Monday, December 01, 2008
All of a sudden, it's the end of the year - the time when everything should be slowing down, wrapping up, and bundling up to stay warm. Instead, I find myself woefully unprepared to do any of those things. There are holiday parties to attend, regrets to send for the parties that I won't be able to make, gifts to be purchased, gifts to be wrapped, and appointments galore that need to be checked off the list.

This past weekend was such a great way to start the month - on Saturday, Sean and I put up my parents' Christmas tree (along with decorating a smaller one in their entryway) and their outside holiday lights. Then on Sunday, we ran around like crazy people to get some errands done - very exciting stuff like Home Depot (to fix my closet knobs and pick up a tree for me), Kohl's (returns and the procurement of a new George Foreman Grill - YESSSSSSS!), and also Whole Foods. We were going to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond, but we didn't have the time.

Ha. Just kidding. If you didn't catch that movie reference, I cannot help you.

Next up on my plate? Putting the Christmas boxes away, putting flannel sheets on the bed, and trying to get my life in order before the storm of the holidays hits. This morning's snow was merely a harbinger of things to come, I think. I need to rest now, while I can.

Far more interesting posts forthcoming...until then, Happy December!