Ho Hum
Friday, January 16, 2009
I don't really have a great explanation for why my blog has been completely boring this week. I could blame it on the cold here, but then I'd be just another idiotic blogger talking about the subzero misery spree that is the Midwest.

I will say this, though - it is DAMN COLD here. I saw a man walking around with a baby carrot-sized snotsicle hanging from his nose. It was like the people exiting the CTA station were entering a work camp in Antarctica or something. Well, look there, now I'm talking about the cold. Consider the bandwagon jumped.

I feel grateful that my building is unlikely to have frozen or burst piping, and that I have a burrowing breed of a dog that keeps me warm at night. I have a fridge full of food, and a good job that I am not in jeopardy of losing anytime soon.

So let's just keep it at that for now, I suppose. If anyone needs me this weekend, I'll be busy washing all my scarves...I've used them to cover my face from the chill, and now they all stink of stale breath condensation. Yes GROSS but it's true.

Take care this weekend, and stay warm.