Cool Runnings
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Lately I've been trying to exercise more, and often find myself on the treadmill. Which is weird, because I hate running. Running is boring. But I need to work on my cardio - so I culled some of the fastest, most upbeat songs from my iTunes and put them on a running-specific playlist. I just throw my iPod into shuffle mode and get moving - which is ironic because when I "run," I mostly just shuffle. Maybe someday I'll be a speedy gazelle just like Prefontaine himself. Ahem.

Until then, here it is, in all its bizarre glory.

Jamie's Running Playlist

Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World
Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
Hi - Psapp
I Wanna - The All-American Rejects
Keep Hope Alive - The Crystal Method
Digitalism in Cairo - Digitalism
Looking for You - Kirk Franklin
I'm Taking the Wheel - SheDaisy
Make Me Sweat - Basement Jaxx
Easy Love - MSTRKRFT
Move Your Ass! - Scooter
Kinda New (Dirty South 2007 Club Mix) - Spektrum
Give It To Me - Kylie Minogue
Stomp to My Beat - JS-16
Intergalactic - Beastie Boys
Universal Mind Control - Common
Hit the Floor - Twista & Pitbull
Bring 'em Out - T.I.
Let's Get Loud - Jennifer Lopez
Mindfields - Prodigy
Womanizer - Britney Spears
River Deep, Mountain High - Celine Dion
Damaged - Danity Kane
No Lookin' Back - Kenny Loggins
Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
Something Kinda Ooooh - Girls Aloud
Stranger - Hillary Duff
My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson
I Need a Hero - Laura Branigan
Jam - Michael Jackson
Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna
Black & Gold - Sam Sparro
Hip to Be Square - Huey Lewis & the News
Move on up - Destination
She's a Bad Mama Jama - Carl Carlton
Forever - Chris Brown
Cool Jerk - The Capitols
Voulez-Vous - ABBA
Heat of the Moment - Asia
Surrender - Cheap Trick
Strangelove - Depeche Mode
Electric Barbarella - Duran Duran
How Far We've Come - Matchbox 20
All American Girl - Melissa Etheridge
Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townshend
Hammer to Fall - Queen
Atomic - Blondie
City of Blinding Lights - U2
I'm Free - Kenny Loggins
I'm a Believer - Counting Crows
Baby Now I - The Cutting Edge Soundtrack
One Night Only (Disco Version) - Dreamgirls Soundtrack
Don't Stop me Now - Queen
Perfect Day - Hoku
Goodbye to You - Scandal
Here We Go - Chemical Brothers
Point of No Return - Expose
Push It - Salt 'n Pepa
Sandstorm - Darude
Welcome to Atlanta (Remix) - Jermaine Dupri

Feel free to chime in (via the comment board) if you feel there's something missing.

That is, unless you're going to mention the total lack of AC/DC, to which point I would say, YES you are right! I need to remember to borrow Sean's CDs so I can get some tracks into my computer, but until then, there won't be any AC/DC on my playlist. Because the band refuses to put their music on iTunes, choosing instead to sell out exclusive distribution rights to Wal*Mart and the like. So I am forced to run without Thunderstruck, my favorite AC/DC song. Which would be PERFECT for running.

NOT THAT I HAVE AN OPINION ON THE SUBJECT OR ANYTHING.