There Must Be SOME Parents Who Read this Blog
Thursday, February 05, 2009
Tomorrow, I'm off to the great white North (well not *quite* all the way to Wisconsin) to watch my niece and nephew for the night. Since I don't have children yet, I think of this task with equal parts trepidation and confidence. I'm great with kids, I have an even-keeled (if a bit strict) approach to children, and I'm not afraid to dress up in something stupid to make my family laugh. That said, I've never spent a whole afternoon/evening AND the next morning with the munchkins.


They're cute munchkins, no? But don't let those cute faces fool you. They can get really screamy, really quickly.

You know where this is going, right? This means it's time for me to up the ante. The maternal side of me says, "shut up, weirdo, they can pretty much entertain themselves," and the practical side of me says, "if you don't plan for every possibility, they'll mutiny and take you prisoner in that enormous plastic castle in the basement."

So I've got a craft ready, as well as plans for a movie night (Mary Poppins, anyone?) but other than that, I'm at a loss. I'd like to have another special something planned, TSMICOMOTTWHF (to save me in case of mutiny or temper tantrums, whichever happens first). Aforementioned ankle biters are aged 5.5 and 3.3 years old. I'll take whatever ideas ya got.