In Which the Lone Stoplight on My Way to the Train Station Turns Red and I Miss My Window to Get Coffee
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
In a fit of rare, brutal honesty (ha), I'm going to give it to you straight, folks.

Commuting into the city is a giant pain in the giant ass of humanity.

Don't get me wrong - living in the city was a complete pain in many other, more expensive, crowded, tax-riddled ways...but this train situation! MY GAH. I just deleted a long, whiny, self-indulgent post about my daily routine. Then, while editing, realized that I sounded ridiculous and promptly cut it all.

That said, my new suburban routine is a ballbreaker. I'm lucky if I can get 3-4 things done at night (including dinner) and I have no spouse and no children! I'm living the easiest life that I ever imagined for myself, relatively speaking, and I'm still exhausted. Ridiculous.

So far, my list of solutions is as follows:
1. More caffeine
2. No more nightly glass of wine/beer with dinner
3. Vivarin
4. Get back to exercising regularly
5. Give in and just go to bed at 8:30 pm every night

Any suggestions?