Let the Internet Decide: Round 431
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Here's the skinny: Our trip to Greece is less than 2 weeks away. My regular, everyday sunglasses (that I love and worship b/c they are the first pair I've ever found that look even partially normal on my face - I have unusually low-set ears - for real) are nearing the end of their adorable life span. I need a back-up so that I'm not wandering around grecian markets, trying to pronounce "sunglasses" in Greek.

My immediate thought? Aviators.

There are two contenders: One of the pairs was expensive. I've been stalking them online (where they are constantly out of stock) and when they finally went on sale, I jumped. The other pair was super cheap - got them at TJMaxx in one of those display rounders from hell.

All other variables being equal, please tell me which you think looks better.

(1)

(2)


I refuse to take two nearly identical pairs of sunglasses on vacation - one of these is being sent back. Laugh all you want - THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I SHOP ALONE. I have no one to tell what the hell to do with myself. I fully realize this is a first-world issue that seems asinine in writing, but I'm curious to hear your input. Halp!