Ελπίζω να έχουν ασφαλή ταξίδια*
Thursday, September 03, 2009
Tonight, Sean and I fly to Munich where I plan on awaking only long enough to toss back a good beer before embarking on our connection to Athens. This vacation has been much talked about in recent days, due in part to the fact that I cannot believe that (a) it's September. SEPTEMBER! Wth?!, and (b) that this trip snuck up on me faster than a guinea pig on the lam. (Have you ever seen a guinea pig run? Those little furballs are lightning fast, I kid you not.)

(omg! what's with the parentheticals, Jamie?)

(and the guinea pigs? we're talking about Greece, not Ecuador!)



Seriously though, I am beyond excited to see this country. It's definitely always been on my bucket list and I am so grateful to have an adventuresome partner with whom to share the experience. Our vacations are always memorable, and this go 'round, we've actually scheduled in beach/rest time! I can't wait to just sit. Plus, I don't think I've ever been to a place with water this clear and blue. (Maybe Belize, but I was working so I didn't exactly enjoy it)

(ommmmmgggggg the parentheses! they are back! i am an addict!)

I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend - I'll be back in a week or so dragging jars of olives, my sunburned self, and undoubtedly many awesome memories behind me. Take care.


*Greek for "safe travels" which I certainly hope we have. Bon voyage to any of you that are also traveling!