Hello, Mellow
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
The vacation countdown has begun, and like any normal getaway in my world, the countdown is mostly comprised of multiple to-do lists strewn about like remnants from a ticker tape parade in Times Square. The stress level is suitably high, and it will be a miracle if I arrive at the airport on Thursday night with any remaining good mood in my body. I bring it upon myself, what can I say? I would rather leave town knowing all loose ends are tied, than come back to disorganized chaos. I bring it upon myself. I know this. Moving on.

As part of "Operation Calm The Hell Down STAT Or Else," I put together the following playlist this morning. I will be listening to it on repeat (and most likely, also on a beach somewhere soon) and repeating something trite like "Serenity Now..." That, or I'll just find me another one of those umbrella'd cocktails.

Jamie's Vacation Playlist: Version LaidBack 2.0

Life in a Northern Town Sugarland
Tempted Squeeze
Mykonos Fleet Foxes
More Time Needtobreathe
Another Sunny Day Belle & Sebastian
We Belong Together Gavin DeGraw
For All We Know Carpenters
People Get Ready Curtis Mayfield & the Impressions
Black Flowers Yo La Tengo
Close to Me The Cure
Wait For Me Moby
Let My Love Open the Door Pete Townshend
Cold Out There Jon Hopkins
Lanterns on the Levee Kate Campbell
In the Waiting Line Zero7
Look out Any Window Bruce Hornsby
How Sweet it Is Marvin Gaye
Clocks Coldplay
Blue Ridge Mountains Fleet Foxes
Close Call Rilo Kiley
I'll Be There Jackson 5