Because This? THIS I Know.
Sunday, October 04, 2009
Today was one of those gorgeous, clear, sunshiny days - the kind that forces a person to reevaluate their life. (In my case, maybe just a *leetle* bit of my life) I took the time to romp around the backyard with the dog - who didn't run away! I gave a silent thanks for my thoughtful, handy, funny boyfriend - who, as it turns out, carves a mean pumpkin. I took the time for a much-needed manicure, during which I am certain the nail techs were cursing my cuticles in rapid-fire Vietnamese. I laughed. I ate bacon. I fondled my dog's ridiculously soft ears, and had an appetizer for dinner. It was a good day.

I still don't know everything, but I'm learning how to set it all aside and just enjoy the here and now. I hope that I never have it all figured out, because what fun would that be?


For the record, I still don't know why:
- I can't resist watching airings of The Wedding Date
- The caged bird sings.
- I tend to learn things the hard way.
- So many people like capers.