Miscellanea: These Should Be Their Own Posts, but I'm Too Busy
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
********

I came to a somewhat depressing realization the other day. There are just some days where the only bright spot is something pathetic or incredibly minor. Like Friday of last week, during which the only thing that went right was finding some high-scoring words while playing Bookworm on my iPod. Simper. Excoriate. Conceive. Galaxy. Cancerous.

********

Laundry makes me happy in ways I could never previously imagined. It makes me feel like I've done something in this world. Sad, but true.

********

My mom had knee surgery yesterday morning, and while he typically makes a pretty good nursemaid, my dad has not been feeling well either. I can put the worry aside just enough to realize how fortunate I am to be under the same roof (if only for 4-5 hours a day) just in case something happens. I feel good about that, even if my only contribution is to load and run the dishwasher. (Anybody have any recipe suggestions for things I can make the night before? I'm making a grocery run tonight.)

********

I am in love with the Avett Brothers new album.

********

Coffeemate Peppermint Mocha Creamer is officially IN STOCK. My happiness meter just went way, WAY up. Also? It lasts forever! I don't care if it's made entirely of preservatives - as long as it takes me through the holiday season. I need to be able to drink something sweet in order to bypass hoovering down a million and one Christmas cookies.

********

Ladies, I need Christmas gift ideas for the man. Suggestions welcome, because I'm pretty sure he's just going to tell me he "doesn't need anything." (Am I right, Sean? I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS.)

********

Chicago-area folks - does anyone want to volunteer or work a philanthropy with me this holiday season? I was thinking maybe work a day at a food pantry, or pooling together to buy holiday gifts for a family in need. Let me know.