Oh HO HO HO
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Punishment for those of you bored enough to be surfing blogs on Christmas Eve...from Swistle.

Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Aack! Never eggnog. Never. Hot chocolate, by default.

Does Santa wrap the presents or leave them open under the tree?
Umm, I have no kids, and Santa doesn't give the dog anything...so how to answer? I wrap gifts - unwrapping and the element of surprise is the whole point. Nothing goes unwrapped - NOTHING.

Colored lights on a tree or white?
WHITE. White only. Apparently I am a holiday decor Aryan.

Do you hang mistletoe?
No. I'm sure this will surprise exactly NONE of you, as I am the least schmoopy person on the planet.

When do you put your decorations up?
As soon as Thanksgiving is over, assuming I have my act together.

What is your favorite holiday dish?
Pumpkin bars, party potatoes, roasted asparagus

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, only one - traditionally pajamas for the entire family to wear in total embarassment on Christmas morning. Ahh, memories.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
White lights, homemade (almost entirely) ornaments. I think each ornament should have a story - even if it's a Star of David made from drinking straws. Ahem.

Snow: love it or hate it?
AHHHHH LOVE IT. Can't get enough. Especially the light, cumulative kind that makes everything look glittery.

Can you ice skate?
Indeed, I can. I use to skate quite a bit, but quit when that pesky axel came up in my training "to do" list. I like my ass unbruised - even at the ripe old age of 11, I knew me best, what can I say?

What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Chocolate-covered peanut butter crunch balls.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Umm, drinking too much and chasing the niece and nephew around the house? OH WAIT, I ALREADY DID THAT ONCE THIS YEAR. Let's go with...using too much tape while giftwrapping. Yes, that is more socially acceptable.

Candy canes: yum or yuck?
Meh. I don't particularly like to eat them, but I think they look adorable hanging on the tree.

Favorite Christmas show?
The Grinch "Grinches" The Cat in the Hat - a classic, I dare say.