Tailspin
Sunday, December 20, 2009
*in which I rush into the room, a trail of debris following me, and plop down lopsidedly in my desk chair, waking up the computer and hoping no one notices that I haven't blogged in 10-11 days...*

As it turns out, when your life in reality (aka your j-o-b and actual, non-internet human relationships) becomes busy and/or crowded, blogging doesn't exactly make the list of things to do in your 2 hours of waking free time each day. Oops. Sorry, ladies and gents.

That said, the holidays are upon and can I ask something? Exactly when did the holidays start sneaking up on us? Is it because I turned 30, and got moved to the Universe's "life on fast forward" email list? I'm so NOT ready for Christmas this year, despite the fact that holiday music has been playing since November 1st on nearly every major radio station. This year, my family is headed to our shared house in Florida to celebrate. Because nothing says "Merry Christmas!" like a cold beer in the hot tub, while tiny lizards dart across the tile patio...

Actually, that says a lot of good things to me, but "Happy Holidays" isn't one of them. God forbid if I ever have to move south of Nashville, where a thin coating of ice becomes grounds to file for "national emergency" status from President Obama. Fortunately, snow is easy to come by this year. In fact, northern Illinois has been downright picturesque. Thank you, global warming! I haven't been out in the flakes recently, but I have been doing the following in this here absence from the blah-g:

Going to the circus...


Rolling with my homies...


Putting together my annual "dejected dog in costume" holiday card...


and generally trying to make as much merry as possible.

If I don't make it back here before the holidays hit (excepting Hannukah, of course), a very Merry everything to you and your loved ones!

Only slightly related: If you got a holiday card from me with $0.20 postage due, I'm sorry!