Dem Bones
Tuesday, March 02, 2010
I know I've been truly lousy about updating this here little blog lately, but with good reason: I'm BUSY, yo. So you'll have to forgive me for requesting a small favor from you, loyal reader.

My dad (known to most on this blog as "Dick Cheney") is undergoing his second total hip replacement surgery tomorrow afternoon. His other/previous procedure went as smoothly as can be expected, so I realize I shouldn't be worried. (And there's definitely a post in my brain somewhere about my sister's gallbladder removal procedure, done on Monday in roughly 25 minutes - that's less time and fanfare than my last trip through the Taco Bell drive-thru. Seriously! Lasers!!! Ah well, another story for another time...)

There is something about major surgery that brings an unpleasant tinge of mortality to the table - like when the hair stands up on the back of your neck - you're not injured, but it's not exactly a pleasant feeling. I'm calm, but I'm worried. It's a cautious, leery confidence.

So if you are at all spiritually inclined, please send your prayers/vibes/whathaveyous in the general direction of NW Memorial's orthopedic wing around 1:30 pm. My pops could use all the positive energy he can get. Thanks.