Piecemeal
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Last time I was conscious of the world around me, it was Tuesday. Then all of a sudden, it was Saturday and I was left scratching my head at the insanity. It was just one of those weeks, ya'll, and if you don't mind, I'll just be over here wiping the mud off my face from the tire marks that last week left all over me, as it sped away with my brain.

Apropos of nothing, there are a couple things fermenting in the ol' noggin, and I feel the need to get them out into the open. For what other purpose might I have this blog, anyhow?! Exactly.

- I've been totally mesmerized by this book, and how it makes a cabin in the woods seem like an ideal life right about now. I bought a copy weeks ago, and have just now started up - too bad the book is massive otherwise I'd bring it on the train to work every day. Reading this book makes me perform mental arithmetic like "If a train is moving..." except my version is more like "How many goats would I have to raise and milk in order to fully offset the environmental damage that I would do by taking a sledgehammer to my laptop, then dumping it in the small pond on my newly procured 40-acre plot of farmland?" I have yet to calculate the answer.

- My niece and nephew had a "sleepover" at the house this weekend, and we did fun things together like arts and crafts, and reading books, and laughing, and skipping, and going to Chuck E. Cheese for more than 2 hours...oh wait, did I say FUN things? Then scratch the Chuck E. Cheese part. Pictures and stories to follow.

- I injured my hand at the office last week, and the remaining pain has been somewhat irritating. I've had tendinitis before, but in my hand? Well that is a real pain. Literally. I have a newfound appreciation for people who suffer from arthritis, fibromyalgia, and the like. YEE-OUCH. Next up? Figuring out how to go to the bathroom without using my dominant hand. Good times.

- This week, I need to learn how to harvest chives and rosemary (some of my window box plants have begun to sprout out everywhere). Then, I should probably figure out what I can cook with chives and rosemary. Container garden FAIL. Suggestions welcome.

- My nephew Chase crawled today! Watch out, world.